Download our PDF Brochure
Fire Station Air Filtration Services
Evansville, IN Fire Department Installs Plymovent Diesel Exhaust Removal System - link to May 30 2018 news story on Channel 14
Fire and Emergency Response staff require protection from harmful vehicle exhaust. Hastings offers Plymovent products for the removal of vehicle exhaust and our systems are designed to meet or exceed health & safety standards.
We work with you to design systems that:
- Reduce firefighter exposures to carcinogenic contaminants.
- Eliminate air contamination in fire stations and improve housekeeping.
We are the market leader in our region - Congressional Meeting in DC
Product Configurations include:
SBT - Sliding Balancer Horizontal Track System
STR - Straight Rail Vehicle Exhaust System
VSR - Vertical Stack Rail System
Exposure to vehicle exhaust emissions can cause serious health problems for your employees.
We understand the dangers of exposure to hazardous exhaust fumes. We continuously review safety management guidelines and listen to what the independent experts have to say:
- OSHA – The Occupational Safety and Health Administration has set a permissible exposure limit of 1 part of benzene per million parts of air (1 ppm) in the workplace during an 8-hour workday, 40-hour workweek.
- EPA - The EPA has classified benzene as a Group A carcinogen.
- The CDCs – Centers for Disease Control & Prevention report that exhaust from any incorrectly maintained vehicle can pose serious hazards. The most common source of carbon monoxide is automobile exhaust vented in confined spaces. Correct ventilation and prevention of carbon monoxide build-up in confined spaces must be assured.
- NIOSH – The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, states that there can be no safe level of exposure to a carcinogen; the NIOSH Threshold Limit Value is therefore the “lowest feasible level.”
- AFG 2018 Application Period is open from September 24th through October 26th.
Plymovent systems are designed to meet or exceed the standards of the most exacting health and safety codes –worldwide!
More Information About Plymovent Products
Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program (AFG)
Fire Grants Help
Free and Custom Grant Assistance
OSHA Diesel Exhaust Standards
"Workers exposed to diesel exhaust face the risk of health effects ranging from irritation of the eyes and nose, headaches and nausea, to respiratory disease and lung cancer."
National Institute for Occupational Safety & Health (NIOSH)
Carcinogenic Effects of Exposure to Diesel Exhaust
"...NIOSH recommends that whole diesel exhaust be regarded as "a potential occupational carcinogen," as defined in the Cancer Policy of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)..."
North American Diesel Exhaust Emission Standards
Summary Table of Emission Limits
Cancer a Silent Killer for Firefighters
"According to recent studies from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, firefighters are more likely than the general population to be diagnosed with or die from cancer."
Fire Fighter Cancer Foundation
Working To Extinguish Firefighter Cancer Since 2004
*** World Health Organization Upgrades Diesel Exhaust to "Carcinogen" list.
Case Study - White Springs Fire Department
Fire Department removes competing system and upgrades to PLYMOVENT
Plymovent Fire Station Vehicle Exhaust System 360-Degree Video
Feel as though you are in the appartus bay, watch the ease of use of the Plymovent system.
Follow us on Twitter
Keep up-to-date on the latest news!